Post-meeting excursion will cover three provinces – Gaziantep, Adıyaman and Şanlıurfa, and include visits to Mount Nemrut and Göbeklitepe World Heritage Sites, Arsemia and Perre (Pirin) ancient cities, rural landscape of Halfeti and Harran villages, and Şanlıurfa Historic Centre and Şanlıurfa Archaeological Museum. 2-nights stay during the excursion will be at Şanlıurfa.
25 October 2019, Friday
- Departure from hotel at 08:00 in the morning and travel to Kahta, Adıyaman.
- After lunch (extra), visit to Karakuş Tumulus, Cendere Bridge and old capital of the Commagene Kingdom, Arsemia.
- After Arsemia, visit to Mount Nemrut where the young and powerful king of the Kingdom of Commagene, Antiochus I, buried on this tumulus after his death.
- After the visit to Mount Nemrut, departure to Şanlıurfa for dinner and overnight.
26 October 2019, Saturday
- After having breakfast at hotel, Departure for Göbekli Tepe World Heritage Site, dated back to 12,000 years ago.
- After Göbekli Tepe visit, Şanlıurfa Archaeological Museum visit.
- Lunch in Şanlıurfa historic city centre (extra)
- After lunch, departure to Harran to visit the Grand Mosque, which is the oldest mosque in Turkey, the first Islamic Madrasa established in Anatolia (Harran University), Harran Castle, historic city walls, and conical domed Harran houses.
- Departure to Şanlıurfa for dinner.
- Evening city walk at Şanlıurfa historic city centre including traditional houses, mosques, and the place where Abraham was born and Fish Lake is located.
27 October 2019, Sunday
- Check out from the hotel after breakfast at 08:00 in the morning.
- Arrival at Halfeti for taking the boat trip to Savaşan village and Rumkale, which is one of the holy places for Christianity, and observing the sunken village under the waters of the Birecik Dam Lake.
- After having lunch at Birecik at 12:00, departure for Gaziantep Airport at 13:00.
- Arrival to Gaziantep Airport at 15:00.
- Return to Gaziantep city centre.
- Tour at Gaziantep historic city centre including places such as Kastel (Underground water structures), Bath Museum, Emine Göğüş Kitchen Museum and Coppersmith Bazaar.
- End of the post-meeting excursion.
Cost of the post-meeting excursion will be met by the participants.
Cost: 240 EURO (single room)
200 EURO (double room / person)
Note: 100 EURO in advance should be paid to the travel agencey before 30 April 2019. You may either transfer the amount directly to agency’s account or pay by credit card by submitting a form. Please get in contact with Yasemin Sarıkaya Levent (firstname.lastname@example.org) for details about payment.
Inclusions: * Bus travel * Tour Guidance * 2 breakfasts * 2 night accommodation at Şanlıurfa Nevali Hotel (5*) * 2 dinners * Lunch at Birecik * Boat trip at Halfeti * Beverages during the bus travel * TURSAB Travel Insurance * Museum entrances for ICOMOS Membership Card holders
Exclusions: * All personal expenses * Lunches and services not included in the cost
(c) Image – Nemrut Mount